August 16, 2021
If you love to bake and you’re a big fan of Pusheen, then you’ll definitely enjoy the full menu of treats available in Let’s Bake: A Pusheen Cookbook! With over 40 fun & delicious recipes for both skilled and new chefs alike, this cookbook is the perfect addition to any Pusheen fan’s kitchen.
We’re sharing an exclusive recipe straight from Let’s Bake! to give you a taste and inspire you to bake to your heart’s content with the full cookbook. Create your very own batch of Pusheen Shaker Cookies— a scrumptious treat containing a colorful surprise!
Be sure to grab your very own copy of Let’s Bake: A Pusheen Cookbook to find even more Pusheen inspired recipes!
Pusheen Shaker Cookies
(makes 9 shaker cookies)
Vanilla Butter Cookie
½ cup or 1 stick unsalted butter (115g)
½ cup castor sugar (100g)
1 egg (2.3oz or 65g)
2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
¼ cup corn starch (30g)
1/3 tsp salt (2g)
½ tsp vanilla extract (2.5g)
Candy Window Pane
1/5 cup hard clear candies (choose your desired flavour)
½ cup dark compound chocolate (75g) or royal icing (see Butter cookies)
1. Add hard clear candies to a ziplock bag. Choose any brand or flavor of hard candies that you enjoy. Crush them into fine powder using a mallet or metal rod.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl, and add the egg. Continue beating till the egg is well incorporated and the mixture lightens in colour.
3. On low speed, mix in sifted flour, cornstarch and salt.
4. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Form the dough into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and chill for about an hour.
6. Roll the dough to ¼-inch thick.
7. Cut out your desired Pusheen shape with a sharp knife using DIY template (made by tracing Pusheen shape onto a piece of mousse or food safe plastic).
8. Preheat oven to 338oF (170oC).
9. Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking sheet or silpat mat.
10. Punch out a hole in the belly of the Pusheen using a round cutter smaller than the Pusheen body (at least ¼ inches smaller on all sides).
11. Add in crushed candies powder in the inside of the cookies. Distribute evenly. Crushed candies must be sufficiently thick (around ¼-inch thick).
12. Bake for 12-13 minutes. You can use a pin to pop any air bubbles in the candy window when the cookies are right out of the oven.
13. Let the cookies cool completely before lifting off the baking sheet to ensure that the candy has fully set.
14. To assemble the shaker cookie, place sprinkles inside the window pane of one cookie. Pipe a ring of chocolate around the window pane, stick on another cookie.
15. Pipe on the details with melted chocolate or royal icing.
January 15, 2021
Pusheen already knows the joy of a warm loaf of bread, and for today’s Fan Friday, one creative fan is helping us take it one step further!
We’re turning the spotlight on Sachi Chen, who’s baked a loaf of sourdough bread shaped just like Pusheen! The additional detail of a cozy knit sweater on the crust is certainly an appetizing touch. Get a closer look at this baked treat and more delectable creations from Sachi on her Instagram, @sourdoughwithsachi.
Has Pusheen inspired any creative hobbies you’ve picked up in 2021? If so, share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured!
October 16, 2020
If a hauntingly delicious dessert sounds like some sort of Halloween trick, don’t worry— this one’s a certified treat!
For today’s Fan Friday, we’re giving the spotlight (or moonlight) to this sweet and spooky Boosheen cake topper created by Danya from @dokicakes. She’s created an extraordinary cake topper inspired by Boosheen, just in time for Halloween! Don’t forget the matching candy stars and moon that helps to tie together one ghostly dessert!
How is Pusheen & Booshen inspiring you to get into the Halloween spirit? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here at Pusheen.com!
September 25, 2020
This Fan Friday, we’re changing things up a bit with a fantastic treat of our favorite pup!
This adorable dessert comes to us from @waiyikeki, who’s created this delicious looking cheesecake. A treat this appetizingly cute is certainly enough to make one’s tail wag with delight!
Have you cooked up any Pusheen & friends inspired creations recently? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your opportunity to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
August 28, 2020
Today’s Fan Friday features one of the cutest batches of cookies we’ve ever seen!
These delightful cookies come to us compliments of Jean from @the.baking.experiment. She’s created an entire collection of cookies to celebrate the many vibrant styles and personas of Pusheen! From classic Pusheen to Pugsheen, it’s hard to pick just one favorite.
Has Pusheen’s imagination inspired your own baking sensations? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
August 21, 2020
Enter to win a Pusheen Cookbook Prize Pack!
THREE (3) lucky winners will receive:
One (1) copy of Let’s Bake! A Pusheen Cookbook
One (1) Pusheen Recipe Card Pack
Share your entry for more chances to win!
August 21, 2020
Need an idea for today’s lunch? Take some inspiration from this delicious Pusheen sushi!
This week’s Fan Friday comes to us courtesy of Shannon from Love at First Bento. Just how adorable are these rolls of sushi? A perfect pairing, since Pusheen is such a huge sushi fan herself! We love how Shannon was even was able to capture oh-so-many faces of Pusheen and her details on every roll!
To see even more of Shannon’s lunchtime creations, you can check out her Instagram page, @lovefirstbento.
Has Pusheen helped to feed your appetite for creativity in the kitchen recently? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
August 14, 2020
Today’s Fan Friday is featuring a fresh twist on a favorite snack— and our favorite feline!
These delicious cookies come to us from Katrina, a baker who’s taken inspiration from the fierce Pusheenosaurus to create these imaginative treats. She’s combined the familiar green hues of our prehistoric Pusheen and avocados for a truly spot-on batch of macarons!
To see more of Katrina’s culinary creations, check out her Instagram page, @sugardevotion.
Have you created any recent works of art as a nod to Pusheen and her adventures? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
August 7, 2020
Today’s Fan Friday is a deliciously cute snack featuring Pugsheen!
This tasty rice art has been crafted to look exactly like Pugsheen, from her adorably round nose all the way to her unmistakably curly tail. Pugsheen fan, Michaela, created this treat along with some assistance from her friend, Yvonne, who helped to illustrate a how-to guide to make your own Pugsheen rice treat at home!
You can see more fun food creations from these two on Instagram at @cutechichai and @eatyourmonsters.
Have you been creatively inspired by Pusheen or Pugsheen recently? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
July 10, 2020
Summertime is the perfect time for taking things easy and going with the flow!
This heartwarming edible fishing scene was created by Katrina and is inspired by the adventures of Pusheen’s family. From the sugar glass water and all the way to the dried spaghetti fishing rods, it’s some truly amazing work!
You can check out more of Katrina’s creations on her Instagram, @suagrdevotion.
Have you been inspired by Pusheen and her family to create any fan art of your own? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here at Pusheen.com!