August 16, 2021
If you love to bake and you’re a big fan of Pusheen, then you’ll definitely enjoy the full menu of treats available in Let’s Bake: A Pusheen Cookbook! With over 40 fun & delicious recipes for both skilled and new chefs alike, this cookbook is the perfect addition to any Pusheen fan’s kitchen.
We’re sharing an exclusive recipe straight from Let’s Bake! to give you a taste and inspire you to bake to your heart’s content with the full cookbook. Create your very own batch of Pusheen Shaker Cookies— a scrumptious treat containing a colorful surprise!
Be sure to grab your very own copy of Let’s Bake: A Pusheen Cookbook to find even more Pusheen inspired recipes!
Pusheen Shaker Cookies
(makes 9 shaker cookies)
Vanilla Butter Cookie
½ cup or 1 stick unsalted butter (115g)
½ cup castor sugar (100g)
1 egg (2.3oz or 65g)
2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
¼ cup corn starch (30g)
1/3 tsp salt (2g)
½ tsp vanilla extract (2.5g)
Candy Window Pane
1/5 cup hard clear candies (choose your desired flavour)
½ cup dark compound chocolate (75g) or royal icing (see Butter cookies)
1. Add hard clear candies to a ziplock bag. Choose any brand or flavor of hard candies that you enjoy. Crush them into fine powder using a mallet or metal rod.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl, and add the egg. Continue beating till the egg is well incorporated and the mixture lightens in colour.
3. On low speed, mix in sifted flour, cornstarch and salt.
4. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Form the dough into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and chill for about an hour.
6. Roll the dough to ¼-inch thick.
7. Cut out your desired Pusheen shape with a sharp knife using DIY template (made by tracing Pusheen shape onto a piece of mousse or food safe plastic).
8. Preheat oven to 338oF (170oC).
9. Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking sheet or silpat mat.
10. Punch out a hole in the belly of the Pusheen using a round cutter smaller than the Pusheen body (at least ¼ inches smaller on all sides).
11. Add in crushed candies powder in the inside of the cookies. Distribute evenly. Crushed candies must be sufficiently thick (around ¼-inch thick).
12. Bake for 12-13 minutes. You can use a pin to pop any air bubbles in the candy window when the cookies are right out of the oven.
13. Let the cookies cool completely before lifting off the baking sheet to ensure that the candy has fully set.
14. To assemble the shaker cookie, place sprinkles inside the window pane of one cookie. Pipe a ring of chocolate around the window pane, stick on another cookie.
15. Pipe on the details with melted chocolate or royal icing.
December 26, 2020
December 17, 2020
September 4, 2020
Swimming into the weekend with this week’s Fan Friday is a truly mesmerizing mermaid dessert!
This purr-maid cake pop was created by Christina— Taking inspiration from Mermaid Pusheen’s undersea adventures and collection of treasures, she has created this unbelievable dessert! We love the sparkling decorations used to create the details of a mermaid’s tail, jewelry, and even some elegant bubbles on the side!
You can see even more of Christina’s delicious creations on her Instagram, @christinascupcakes.
Have you recently created your own masterpiece inspired by Pusheen? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured here on Pusheen.com!
June 30, 2020
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pusheen, the internet’s favorite cartoon cat, with this colorful and fun collection of recipes filled with cookies, cakes, and
other delicious treats!
May 8, 2020
Help us wish Cheek an early Happy Birthday with today’s Fan Friday!
Cheek is famous for his love of food and amazing skills in the kitchen, so it seems only natural to celebrate this little guy’s big day with some Cheek inspired treats! These small cakes were created by Wanwantea and feature Cheek’s small details, including his iconic rosy red cheeks! It’s certainly the perfect way to celebrate the birthday of our favorite hamster chef!
You can see even more of Wanwantea’s delectable delights on Instagram, @wanwantea.
Have you been inspired by Pusheen and her friends to create some fantastic art? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday and your art could be featured here on Pusheen.com!
April 8, 2020
Celebrating the Creativity of Pusheen Fans All Week Long!
This week, we’re celebrating the amazing creativity of our fans with a special week-long spotlight on some of our favorite fan art inspired by Pusheen and her adventures!
Wednesday means CAKE around here!
Today we’re turning the spotlight to one of Susanne Ng’s edible creations, a special cake to celebrate Pusheen’s 10th Anniversary! This soft and sweet dessert is shaped just like Pusheen, complete with her own party hat and miniature cake!
You can see more of Susanne’s baked creations over on her Instagram, @susanne.decochiffon.
To have a chance to be featured on Pusheen.com, tag your Pusheen inspired creations with #PusheenFanFriday and make sure to check back tomorrow for another fan showcase!
February 28, 2020
Up, up, and away Pusheen and Stormy go for this week’s edition of Fan Friday!
Before they lift off to their next big adventure, let’s take a closer look at these dreamy meringue cookies created by fan Katrina! She’s assembled a purrfect presentation of this hot air balloon cookie. with extra fluffy, white cookie clouds adding an especially sweet touch!
To see more of Katrina’s cute cookie creations, check out her Instagram, @sugardevotion.
Created your own craft lately inspired by Pusheen’s adventures? Share with us using #PusheenFanFriday for your chance to be featured on Pusheen.com!