November 11, 2019
There’s nothing we enjoy more this time of year than staying indoors and getting cozy. We’ve collected a few of our favorite activities that are purr-fect for fall weekends and lazy days off from school and work!
It’s game time!
Make some time on your cozy day to enjoy some board games or finish a puzzle with friends. There’s no better way to pass the time than spending an afternoon to construct a puzzle, or learn the rules to a new game you may have recently picked up!
Better yet, invite some friends over to play!
(Don’t forget to add some snacks to fuel the fun!)
Curl up with a good book
A relaxing day off is the purr-fect time to catch up on some reading. Pour yourself a fresh mug of warm tea or coffee and find your favorite reading spot, it’s time to get lost in a book or audio-book! At a loss for words to read? While we have some fun recommendations of our own, you could always take a cue from Pusheen and dive whiskers-first into some classic literature.
(And be sure to keep some page friendly snacks handy!)
Get cozy in the kitchen
With so many day-to-day responsibilities to attend to, it can be difficult finding the time to craft a homemade meal. We love the coziness that comes from cooking and baking, which is why we suggest spending some time on your cozy day cooking or baking some fun dishes! You can try a bold new recipe, make something from your favorite cookbook, or even take some inspiration from other’s creations. For some ideas, check out some of the incredible desserts featured in our Fan Fridays!
The best part is, once you’re done, you’ll have some delicious homemade treats to kick back and enjoy!
Spend some quality time with your pets
Our pets are already experts at getting cozy, so why not learn from the best? Cats and other pets make great midday nap buddies and, honestly, they could get cozy and keep you company for just about any lazy day activity. You can even take some time for a grooming session to help leave you and your animal friends feeling refreshed and relaxed.
(Plus, your pets would probably appreciate a small snack just as much as you do!)
October 7, 2019
With Halloween just around the corner, we’ve put together a list of ideas for hosting a frightfully fantastic themed party to celebrate with friends!
Whether you’re planning on going all out on the decorations or you’re just looking for guidance adding a cute touch to you party, we’ve got ideas that everyone can follow to add the spirit of Vampurr into the festivities.
One of the most important parts of a party is the decorations. When it comes to Vampurr that means your party should have a spooky, yet cute vibe to invite your guests in for a fright-filled night of fun! Here are just a few of our ideas for adding that haunted touch to your event:
• Use lighting to set a moody atmosphere for your party. Dim lighting is definitely key, with string lights and electric candles or candelabras helping to achieve that creepy aesthetic. Use a few purple lightbulbs as well to add some Vampurr colors to the festivities!
• Purple and black colored tablecloths, napkins, and plates can also contribute to the gothic vibe since they are Vampurr’s favorite colors. You can set up your own Vampurr plush on a table as decoration or even by the front door to welcome guests in for the night.
• Classic Halloween decorations like cobwebs and rubber bats and spiders fit right in with the Vampurr theme. You can even add a few pink and purple roses— Vampurr has a real flair for the dramatic. Encourage guests to take their own rose home as a party favor!
Party Snacks & Treats
No party is complete without an assortment of snacks, and this is a great opportunity to add more Vampurr flourishes! Vampurr has quite the sweet fang, so there’s plenty of opportunities to offer treats for your guests that fit the party theme.
• We already know that Vampurr loves to feast on jelly donuts. An assortment of different jelly donuts are a great snack for your guests to share and bite into— just be sure to keep some napkins handy!
• It is Halloween, after all, so don’t forget to lay out some candy for party-goers to snack on throughout the night! It’s never a bad idea to ask guests beforehand what their favorite candies are to make sure that there’s a treat available for every taste.
• Invite your guests to partake in some mysterious bright red Vampurr juice— don’t worry, it’s just fruit punch! For a warmer option, serve up a fresh batch of Witch’s Brew (a.k.a. hot cider) in a cauldron shaped bowl alongside a Witch Pusheen plush.
• Of course, with so many sweets and activities for one night, it’s always a good idea to have some water available too. Partying can be serious business, so don’t forget to stay hydrated!
Fun & Activities
Round out your party with a few activities for guests to join in on throughout the night. These are just a few activity ideas for ways to get everyone in on the fun without being too scary.
• Encourage your guests to attend in costumes and host a fun costume contest! To keep things casual, set up categories for everyone to vote on like Funniest Costume, Most Goth, and Best Use of Household Items. You can even give out small goody bags of candy and Vampurr stickers as prizes for the winners.
• Set up the ultimate Halloween music playlist to energize your party and get guests dancing and showing off their best monster moves. If you’re stumped for song selections, a spooky Halloween sounds album is always a classic!
• Wind down the night with a Halloween movie! Put on a spooky screening, creature double feature, or a full-on monster midnight marathon! The films don’t have to be super scary to put on a good show, of course. We recommend a light vampire comedy favorite or some old cheesy monster flicks that provide more laughs than screams.
September 17, 2019
Sometimes, it can be a bit hard to get your morning started. Getting out of bed and beginning your day doesn’t always sound as enticing as just hitting that snooze button and staying cozy for just a bit longer. Like Pusheen, we’re no strangers to taking things a tad lazy at the start of the day, but it doesn’t have to always be that way.
Here are just a few of our favorite tips towards a morning routine sure to energize the rest of your day!
Love your bed like you love yourself
Getting a good night’s sleep is the first step to an amazing day— spending the night in a comfortable set of pajamas or under cute and cozy bedding makes waking up just that much smoother. And once you’re up and ready to face the day, take some time to stop and make your bed.
Not only will you leave your bedroom looking more organized, but it’s always nice to come home later to a freshly made bed!
Get up and get some exercise
Starting the day with a little exercise is a great way to charge up your morning.
While hitting up the gym first thing in the morning or going for a short run at sunrise is a perfect morning for some, breaking a sweat first thing in the morning isn’t for everyone. A great active alternative is to relax with an energizing yoga session. Focusing on your personal mantra while stretching and breathing will leave you feeling ready to take on any challenge the day throws your way.
Gear up for any morning exercise with the Pusheen active collection. After all, there’s no reason you can’t look fabulous while feeling great!
Feed yourself (and your pets)
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start up your morning with a tasty meal to give your mind and body the energy it needs to take on the rest of the day. Pusheen is a big fan of pancakes for breakfast, but a meal such as a bowl of your favorite cereal or a fresh smoothie are great for those of us who are a bit more on-the-go.
Don’t forget to feed your pets before heading out yourself! Making sure our fuzzy friends are well fed is a great way to ensure peace of mind while you’re away. Spending some time with your pets is also perfect way to boost your morning mood. Plus, it will leave them feeling happy too!